To support the Operations Director to be effective in delivering the business strategy by supporting with the growth of the client base within the division, providing excellent service to all existing and new clients.
We are now looking to appoint a highly talented individual to manage client relations and service levels.
We already have a strong client base but are looking for an individual who can grow our market offering within the following sectors
• Childrens Services
• Mental Health
• Substance Misuse/Homelessness
• Learning disabilities
The Business Development Manager role is to deliver individual revenue related KPIs in line with the divisions commercial objectives, and is responsible for working in partnership with the operational director to deliver objectives in a collaborative manner, whilst responding to changing market dynamics. They will also be required to develop and grow relationships with external stakeholders including commissioners and local authorities.
- Deliver individual and team growth targets. These include revenue, billable hours, and EBITDA.
- Drive commercial growth for division by identifying, unlocking, cultivating and growing relationships with funders, clients, charities, providers, and other relevant bodies.
- Deliver and report on clear metrics and KPIs as instructed by the Operations Director
- Proactively scoping the market to identify potential growth opportunities, pre-empting and actively pursuing those opportunities through early engagement with the client and bringing these to the attention of the Operations Director
- Reviewing multiple sources of information to understand the clients requirements and market developments and using this to develop the unique selling points and winning themes to secure business growth.
- Support the delivery of compelling and successful bids that reflect the Sonderwell Group`s expertise and what differentiates us against our competitors whilst addressing the clients` requirements.
- Actively undertake activities to ensure we retain contracts that are in our interest to do so.
- Participate in Commercial team meetings.
- Ensure Group CRM or equivalent is maintained and up to date at all times.
- Promote the Sonderwell core values across the group.
- Carrying out such other responsibilities as the company’s Senior Leadership Team may determine from time to time.
- Identify, progress and convert sales leads as required
- Proactively and consistently strive to identify and obtain new business opportunities.
- Source suitable vacancies in line with company policies and sales procedures.
- Manage and profitably develop client relationships.
- Establish and agree terms and conditions of service.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect, and outline, the main responsibilities of the jobholder. Sonderwell Group reserves the right to vary your duties from time to time or to require you to undertake additional duties in line with business needs.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years experience in a similar business development role.
- Proven track record of delivering to new business targets on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrable gravitas to develop and build strong relationships with new clients, commissioners and local authorities.
- Highly analytical and ability to able to communicate complex data in an articulate manner to suit the audience
- Confident presenter and public speaker
- Able to build positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Creative thinker with the ability to work on own initiative
- Strong IT/systems skills knowledge and highly analytical to develop meaningful MI reports
- Be prepared to undertake national travel on a regular basis with periods away from home